Jeff Wismer’s Theory of…
According to Wikipedia:
TAG is an informal playground game that usually involves two or more players attempting to "tag" other players by touching them with an object, usually their hands. Played throughout the world, tag is inherently simple — most forms require neither teams, nor scores, nor sports equipment such as balls — but it may be made more complex with various rule modifications.
Jilting Justice for Jesus
Monica Goodling, Fundamentalist Education, and the Impact on Religious Civil Liberties
Quoting the late Saul Alinsky, who was renowned for his community organizing skills, let it be noted that it only takes 2% of society to make change if it is a well-organized, fully committed cadre. "The other 98% is pretty inert."
Failed Voting System + Ignorance + Apathy thru Comfort = Theocracy in motion
To quote Marci Hamilton:
Cram as many theocrats into positions of power from various learning institutions and universities such as Theocrat In Training Stations, a.k.a. T.I.T.S…and Academic Studies Sending Evangelical Sycophants a.k.a. A.S.S.E.S.
Monica Goodling, One of 150 Pat Robertson Cadres in the White House
Monica Goodling, a previously unknown Justice Department official who served as liaison to the White House, has become a key figure in the Attorneygate scandal. When newly released emails revealed the prominent role Goodling played in engineering the firing of seven US Attorneys, Goodling pled the Fifth Amendment, refusing to testify under oath.
Josh Marshall writes that Goodling may be “afraid of indictment for perjury because she has to go up to Congress and testify under oath before the White House has decided what its story is.”
Goodling’s involvement in Attorneygate is not the only aspect of her role in the Bush
administration that bears examination. Her membership in a cadre of 150 graduates of
Goodling earned her law degree from Regent, an institution founded by Robertson “to produce Christian leaders who will make a difference, who will change the world.” Helping to purge politically disloyal federal prosecutors is just one way Goodling has helped fulfill Robertson’s revolutionary goals.
Regent has assiduously cultivated close
ties to the administration and its Republican outriders. Gonzales’s
predecessor, John Ashcroft, is currently cooling his heels at Regent
as the school’s “Distinguished Professor of Law and Government.” Christian
right super-lawyer Jay Sekulow, who also teaches at
Regent and shares a
When the Bush administration came into power, it looked to Regent for a reliable pool of well-groomed Republican ideologues eager to wage the culture war from the inside. The former dean of Regent’s Robertson School of Government, Kay Coles James, was promptly installed as the Director of the Office of Personnel Management.
According to her bio, from 2001 to 2005, James was “President Bush’s principal advisor in matters of personnel administration for the 1.8 million members of the Federal civil service.” In that role, James rolled back the power of unions in the federal sector. Now that she’s out of government, James is back among her Christian right allies, appearing frequently as a guest on James Dobson’s Focus on the Family radio show.
Another Regent figure who impacted White House policy is Jim David, the current Assistant Dean for Administration in the Robertson School of Government. David was inserted in the Justice Department in 2003 as yet another sop to the Christian right; he served as deputy director of the department’s Task Force for the Faith-Based & Community Initiative.
Since leaving the DoJ,
David has spent a considerable portion of his spare time writing opinion pieces
that appear on Regent’s website. One of his most noteable
screeds, penned in the wake of Hurricane Katrina, described
a bright spot in the destruction of
At Regent, Goodling was drilled in the
importance of unflinching loyalty to the Republican program. Once in the
Justice Department, she proved an able cog in the Bush administration’s
political machine, meeting with Republican activists in 2006 to help plot the
· RFRA: Religious Freedom Restoration Act
· Faith Based Initiatives
· USDOJ First Freedom Project (http://www.firstfreedom.gov/)